Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Clearing History in Lookup

Copper Contributor

Clearing History in Lookup

I have tried working the solution "Windows Vista\Windows7: C:\Users\*username*\Application Data\Roaming\IsolatedStorage\...\AssemFiles" but the only files listed are "preferences.xml, identtity.dat. under the StrongName area. Can anyone help me clear this? I've got typos and 10 old companies that were deleted that long ago still showing up.

Thanks!

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Clearing History in Lookup

There should be multiple 'Strongname' folders in that location - go through each one and it's subfolder for 'Assemfiles' to locate the file "034b5dc7331da7c68ea585165f3e9f4a.H" and rename or delete it.  It will recreate itself as you enter new values.

Greg Martin
Sage
Bronze Super Contributor

gmartin wrote:

the file "034b5dc7331da7c68ea585165f3e9f4a.H"

Is that the friendly name?Smiley Happy

Copper Contributor

I have two main strongname folders but no  sub assemfiles folder. I looked in both multiple times. Hmmm? What next? Thanks,

Dave,

I've gone back and double checked the location of the files... they are actually under the c:\users\*username*\AppData\Local\IsolatedStorage.. path.  In 'Local', not 'Roaming'. 

The file to remove is "034b5dc7331da7c68ea585165f3e9f4a.H".  (yep, that's the friendly name...)

I'll get the KB article updated today.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Ok, the new directory works - Thanks. I  closed ACT! and changed the file to 034b5dc7331da7c68ea585165f3e9f4a.H.old

I reopened ACT! and did a company lookup, and the history was still there. I closed aain and reopened but history was still there. Am I doing something wrong? 

Copper Contributor

I removed that file also just to make sure and the history is still there. Thanks,

Hmm... I've checked on other machines and found the same file name associated with the Lookup > Company field.   

The definitive step to getting rid of the history for the Lookups is:

You can open the '.H' files using Notepad and look at the contents.  It will display the list for the field associated with the file.  You can then delete the particular file (or delete all of the .H files to clear all Lookup history). 

Were you ever using this computer with a different Windows Username?  If yes, be sure and look under that user for these same files.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Hello Again, I've deleted all "H" files and still get the history showing up in the Lookup - Company field. I even rebooted and looked in the directory again, no h files.

FYI, I am using FaxAdmin program.  Not sure if that is a problem?

Copper Contributor

Another note: I went through the user which were myself "David", and Default, Public. No other H files