Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cleared and rescheduled tasks come back to old date/time slots

Cleared and rescheduled tasks come back to old date/time slots

I just moved my ACT 11 to a new machine running Windows 7 Professional. After a few days of running OK, I now have two bizarre issues:
1. I can't get the DB on the new machine to sync with the remote DB on my laptop which is running Windows 7 Home. It sync'ed fine for about a week.
2. Tasks (meetings, calls, to do's) that have been cleared or rescheduled to a future date reappear in the date/ time slot they were moved from and some to do's reappear as meetings. This one makes Act unusable for me.
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Cleared and rescheduled tasks come back to old date/time slots

Hello Jerrycomer,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

1. What is the message you are receving when attempting to sync?

2. Are you synchronizing your database with any other programs (ex: Outlook or add-on)?

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: Cleared and rescheduled tasks come back to old date/time slots

1. No message when I sync with remote DB. It all goes through but, when complete, the tasks/calls/meetings on the remote DB are not the same as on the main DB.

2. I sync with Outlook, one direction only: ACT to Outlook.

3. I sync with ActConnect, one direction only: ACT to ActConnect.

Yesterday, I restored an older version of the DB, erased or cleared what needed to be erased or cleared, and moved tasks/calls/meetings to future date where appropriate. Basically, I got the DB back to usable condition. I immediately created a backup copy and started working. At one point, I cleared a task and some, not all, of the old tasks/calls/meetings came back to repopulate the calendar. I restored the 10-minute old backup and kept working. At this point, I'm backing up every 5 minutes or so and having to restore every so often.

Thanks!