Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cleared activities won't appear with strikethrough

Cleared activities won't appear with strikethrough

Suddenly today clearing a calendar activity will not display with the strikethrough.  I checked the preferences and it clearly says "strikethrough"   I even changed it to grey to see if it would do that, and it seems to be ignoring the preference altogether   It worked yesterday..  I'm using Premium 2010.  Help?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Cleared activities won't appear with strikethrough

Hello Kennedy Painting,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

It may be that the ACT! Preference files have become corrupted.  Use the 'Alternate Method: Manaully Rebuilding Preferences' section of the following article to rebuild the preference files: KB Article 14770

Greg Martin
Sage

Are these preferences ever "set" on the server, rather than our individual pc's and I need to do this to the server software? - this has taken effect on multiple pc's all at the same time. BTW, thanks for the quick reply!
Platinum Super Contributor

If you are using the installed Sage ACT! program (opposed to access through Internet Explorer) to access the database - the preferences will be on the local computer.

Try deleting the preferences on a single machine and see if it resolves the issue. If not, see the following:

Since this is occurring on multiple machines...
- Is it happening with all activity types?
- If you create a new activity, and clear it - does it show the strike through?
- Is it happening for all users?
- Does it happen on the server?
- If you open the Demo database (or create a new database), does it happen there also?

Greg Martin
Sage