Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cleaning up/removing blank lines in attached emails

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Cleaning up/removing blank lines in attached emails

Using ACT! 18 on Win 10 with MS Office 2013

I write a lot of emails (who doesn't) and keep track of them in ACT!  I've tried the setting for attaching the complete email files and the setting for just attaching the text to a history entry in the email preferences dialog.  I prefer the text attachment method just because it's more immediate and I can preview the message without having to bring it up in Outlook.  Trouble is that there are loads of blank lines in messages and each and every one is in the attached text.  Is there any way (apart from manually editing) to remove all the blank lines from attached message text?  I think it would make these messages a whole lot more readable.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jmdaly@southforkinst.com
‎02-16-2017 11:14 AM
Administrator

Re: Cleaning up/removing blank lines in attached emails

This has now been logged as defect D-05486.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Hi jmdaly,

When you say there are loads of blank lines, could you give us an example of how many we're talking about? A screenshot of what you see in your history preview would be useful.

Hi Gary,

Attached are views of the email presentation - how it is sent and how it is presented in the ACT! history view.  I suspect the message HTML is being converted to plain text and the extra lines are creeping in there.  However, it would be great to be able to suppress all blank lines just so the preview is more readable.

Thanks

Administrator

Thanks for this example jmdaly.

I'm also able to reproduce the same issue you are experiencing in Act! v19.0 .I've submitted the issue of the extra line breaks to the development team for review. I'll post further information as I receive it.

Your suggestions of removing all blank lines, and an option to remove the signature block are good ideas. They would be good submissions for our Share Your Ideas board.

Solution
Accepted by topic author jmdaly@southforkinst.com
‎02-16-2017 11:14 AM
Administrator

This has now been logged as defect D-05486.