Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cleaning up an old database

Cleaning up an old database

Long time user of ACT but have never needed to do this before. I am hoping that someone can assist me so that I dont corrupt my database or lock myself out of it. Essentially I have a customer database that has too many users/managers listed (pick tools, manage users) and my license tells me that I dont have enough licenses for all users so it lists one of the two users as "active-pending log in". Not a problem but I would like to delete one of the users because I cannot seem to be able to edit the "contact name" field to change the value to my name. Its a long story that I wont bother you with but somehow the main contact name in the database shifted from mine to another contact (not sure how this happened) and although I log in under my name and login the contact name is still this other person who is a random name in the database??? Anyway, I would like to edit this contact name but it is grayed out and therefore I cannot modify it. I have created a new user under my name and think that I can simply delete the other contact name and account and during the process simply transfer the contacts to my new account. However I am afraid that the login might not work so I have been hesitant to try this. If anyone has a way of managing the contact names for control of the database and could help me to solve this challenge please email me at bruce.nemec@c2rpdg.com with the details.

TIA

Bruce Nemec - C2rPDG

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Cleaning up an old database