Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Citrix PVS - ACT

Citrix PVS - ACT

Hi All,

We use Citrix PVS in our enviroment. So we go ahead and build our gold disk and configure ACT etc and register ACT. However when we boot up the child servers which spawn from the gold disk they are asking us to register ACT. Now for anyone that doesn't know how Citrix PVS works... if i make changes to the server i.e register ACT on the next reboot all changes made will be wiped.

Any help?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Citrix PVS - ACT

I haven't played with PVS ... does it just send the file and registry changes, or does it do an install?

I think the licensing/registration connects to the hardware (probably the NIC) ... not sure, off top of my head, if there's a way around it.

Would PVS allow a silent scripted install? Maybe see this Knowledge Base article:
http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30327

Re: Citrix PVS - ACT

Hi thanks for the reply.

PVS is bascially you have one locked hard disk and you have several citrix servers looking at that harddisk as its source. They then cache the information until next reboot where it then just reads from the disk.

If i could find a way to update a file or registry key on reboot i would be more encouraged to do that rather than installing it everytime. But may have to be an option.