Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Changing "Contact Record Manager" for effectively using Notes-History Reporting

Changing "Contact Record Manager" for effectively using Notes-History Reporting

We are using ACT 2010.  I would like to use the Notes-History report to evaluate user input of notes and history  but am finding that the Contact Record Manager is set at the person  who created the Contact Record rather than the current user and therefore does not allow me to view Notes or History by the current person who inputs into the record.   My ACT 2010 Guide says that this field is supposed to be updated automatically, I assume, with the current Record Manager who inputs into the Contact Record rather than the Contact Creator.  How can I get this Contact Record Manager to change automatically?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Changing "Contact Record Manager" for effectively using Notes-History Reporting

The contact record and each note or history entry has a record manager. I think you may be making the wrong filter selections when you run the Notes-History report. To see all the notes and history input by a user you would want to filter by all users on the general tab and the specific user on the notes and history tabs.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129