Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Changing main sync user

dsp

Changing main sync user

I have version 10 of act and sync with 2 other users. One of which is the main user.

I need to change the main user with whom we sync with to one of the other people in the group. Is this possible and how ?

Thanks 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Changing main sync user

I'm not sure what your are referring to? Do you want to change where the publisher database is located?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
dsp

In order for me to update the calender, contacts etc we have to sync to the main user. This enables the other 2 members to view the updated calenders etc of each other.

My problem is that the person who we need to have an updated calender for is not listed as the main user. He is never in the office to sync his updates which means whenever i try to view his calender etc it is not upto date. He does update the calender but forgets to perform the sync.

What i am trying to do is change the main user to him so that we would sync to him. This would mean his calender is always upto date when i view it.

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

To do what you want his database would need to be the publisher database. You would need to redo you sync setup with his database as the publisher database and make new remote databases for the other users.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
dsp

Thanks for the reply. Is this difficult to do. I am a little nervous about changing any  of the settings for fear of losing the data or platform. Thanks