Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Changing default results title in history

Changing default results title in history

[ Edited ]
I frequently print faxes and several other personalized forms from custom command links I dragged onto the contact detail toolbar.  I have titled each custom command, and put in a tooltip description, but when I print the forms and automatically save a copy in the customer's file from the default popup, the default result that shows up is "Letter Sent".  Is there a way to make the system use the document title or description instead of the default "Letter Sent" so that "Fax" or "Color Waiver", (or whatever), will appear instead?  I want to eliminate having to manually go back and change the result each time.
Message Edited by mparson on 10-29-2009 06:53 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Changing default results title in history

Unfortunately, there is not a way to change the defaults when history is automatically recorded. To do this, you would have to first save the document, then create a history and manually attach the file. You would first need to create custom activity types for your documents (Schedule/Manage/Activity Types)

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

That would be a useful tool for future releases.  If a user needs to take the time to create a custom form, ( a "widgets on the way form"), it would be nice to be able to automatically record in History, (when you get the automaric popup when you print the form), that you sent the customer a ["widgets on the way"] form instead of just the generic "Letter Sent", which could be any customized form or just printing a fax.
Platinum Elite Contributor

I agree, it is an interesting idea. For greater exposure, please post this idea on the Share Your Ideas board in this Community.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.