Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Changing Username on License

Astute Commentator

Changing Username on License

I have replaced an employee at my company.  I would like to take over her license, but we are unaware of how to change her name to my name.  We want to be able to add me under the license she is currently using without losing all of the information and history associated with her user account/name.  Can someone please tell me if there is a way to do this?

Thank you!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Changing Username on License

Make her user account inactive to free up the license and then add yourself as the new user.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Astute Commentator

Would there be a way to then get all of her info onto my account?  Client history, calendar, contacts; all of that stuff?? can i reassign her records without deleting her? or if the other user syncs to my computer, would all of the info automatically be synced to my user account?  Thanks for your reply!!!

Hello Erin,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Yes, there is. If you delete her user login from the Manage Users screen, you will be prompted to reassign all of her records to another user.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

What Greg describes will work however you want to make sure that's what you want to do. By reassigning you will lose all tracking associated with the old user. For example any Notes or history they entered will now show as being entered by you. My advice is always to keep the old user but disable the account. Specific items can be changed to you without losing all tracking.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

[ Edited ]

That's true for the most part, and something you want to keep in mind. While your name will show as the Record Manager for those records, the prior user will still show as the Record Creator (or Scheduled By for activities) for any items they created. This would not apply to any records created by someone else, then later assigned to them.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Astute Commentator

But will all of the info and history for the last user be saved under my name if we delete her and assign her to me?  That may be what we want to do because we may have to look into her history.  Thanks!

Every record has a record manager, which can be changed, and a record creator, which cannot. When reassigned, all her records will show you as the record manager instead of her, but will still show her as the record creator. You can do a lookup on the Record Creator field to see those records. However, as I said earlier, this will not work for records that she did not create but where she was assigned as the record manager..

Greig Hollister