Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Changing Record Manager

Changing Record Manager

I have ACT! 2005 for Windows - Ver. 7.0.4.82
Is there a way of changing the Record Manager (or My Record).
The person who started inputing the information into the new program is no longer with the company and his name shows on all the reports.  It is a single-licence verson and not a networking.

Thanks for any advice.

Jim
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Changing Record Manager

Create a new user - yourself
Make sure you make yourself an Administrator
Log out of ACT!
Mark the other user as inactive

Thanks, Mike for the advice, but alas, it didn't work.

Question - If I upgrade to Ver.10 - Can I then change the Record Manager - or will it just give the new version and keep everything as is?
It's working ok, but all the Reports give the wrong information.   This is a single-user licence. 

You are now logged in as yourself?
Then use Edit | Replace and change the Record Manager field for all contacts to yourself

Mike - you're a genius - or I'm just plain stupid !
What I did was to log on to ACT which brought up the first record (My Record) and all I did was change all the details to myself - and viola - it worked.  Thanks for stimulating this old guy's brain !
Jim

And when you login you use your name?

Both of you would be listed in Tools | Define Users - hopefully with the other user Inactive

These solutions don't seem to fix my problem. I have a corrupt database that has lost all of it's activities. I get a index length string type of error message. I have taken the solution of creating a new database and then importing the problem database into it. That fixes the missing activities problem. The problem that I can't seem to solve is this.

I was forced to set up a Record Creator Manager when I created the new database. Let's call it NEW RECORD.

I was able to import the old problem database, but MY RECORD, which has all of my data and activities, history, etc is not the MY RECORD for the new repaired database.

When I do a lookup for MY RECORD in the new database, it brings up "New Record". I have gone to Manage Users, but it will not let me delete 'New Record" and will not let me make the correct MY RECORD the actual MY RECORD. I have tried the REPLACE function which makes the correct MY RECORD the Record Manager for all records, but the 'New Record' which was created when setting up the new database, is still the MY RECORD which I don't want. Using ACT 10, please advise.

Have tried this, BUT when I create new user from existing record (The correct MY RECORD from an imported damaged database) and make it an Administrator, I get the message that ACT 10 my version only allows 1 active user (single license I guess) I will only be allowed to log in if I am the only Active user. I can't get the old administrator record which was created in the new database set up to delete. Please help.