Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Changing Quote Template in Act 10

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Changing Quote Template in Act 10

Is there any way to change the settings for the quote that is automatically generated out of opportunities?  Its a great finction that would be bettewr if I could add a column and permanently have my company logo in the form

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Casciato915
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Changing Quote Template in Act 10

The default Quote form is composed of two files: the Word doc called Quote.adt and the embedded Excel template called Quote.xlt. You can go into your database files and they will be in the Templates folder.  If you are going to modify them, be sure to rename and save a copy of the originals. Also, your modified templates need to have the names "Quote.adt" and "Quote.xlt" or they will not come up when you click the Quote button on a new opportunity...the button is set to look for a file by that name.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Casciato915
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Changing Quote Template in Act 10

The default Quote form is composed of two files: the Word doc called Quote.adt and the embedded Excel template called Quote.xlt. You can go into your database files and they will be in the Templates folder.  If you are going to modify them, be sure to rename and save a copy of the originals. Also, your modified templates need to have the names "Quote.adt" and "Quote.xlt" or they will not come up when you click the Quote button on a new opportunity...the button is set to look for a file by that name.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

changing quote details in Act 2009 (11)

I need to change the tax rate and several other items on the standard quote, i understand there is a Word and excel doc to change. I have found these and changed them but to no avail. i even moved these files and it still generated the same 17.5% tax rate I need 15%. does anyone know where these values come from and are there hidden xml files or some other template that control them.

Regards

Tony 

Bronze Contributor

Re: changing quote details in Act 2009 (11)

Good morning Tony.

I finally had a reason to look at the form myself.  It appears that you have to enter it on the Excel spreadsheet, meaning that if your state is like mine, there are a myriad of tax rates to consider.

You can't modify the body of the quote, but you do have the optionn to add information in the Comments and Official Use blocks.  If you don't do a large volume of quotes, then you can handle it here.  I'm going to add a request to http://www.act.com/community/feature/ requesting the ability to add two lines of variable tax -- either loaded into the company profile giving us the ability to enter the tax rate in a dialogue box when we click on the quote button.  Hope you do the same.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit