Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Changing Administrator

Changing Administrator

Hi

I recently purchased a company that maintains databases in ACT.  I was able to transfer over database from his version of ACT 2009 to my version 2010 v12.  That turned out to be more challenging than just export and import, but, we got it to work.  The problem I am having now is changing the two databases to reflect that I am now the administrator.  I am on a one user license and I am not allowed to change information under users for the administrator and not allowed to delete as only a one user version. 

I am the only user licensed on the 2010.  Any help on how to change?  I do have user/password so I am able to access. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Changing Administrator

Hello John,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. I assume that when you log into the database, you are logging in as an Admin (since every database has to have at least 1 active Admin user). When you login, the first record you should see is the contact record associated with your login (called "My Record"). Just change the information in that contact record to your own. Then go to Tools > Manage Users, where you can change the username and password of that login to whatever you would like it to be.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks for you reply.  I am still having trouble.  When I try method the Message I see is that there are not enough licenses and to contact the administrator. 

When I add me to the users it shows as pending.  I have administrator authority using the previous owners info so I tried to reduce access under that name to browse in the hopes that it would move pending to active.

Any other ideas?

Uh oh. 

Now after chaning to browse I can't edit users to make user name under previous owner go back to admin.  I did back up before doing as I feared that this could happen.

please advise

Hold the phone...I may be ok now.

When I restored from back up I was able to log in a "me" and in users lists me as admin!  I may have hit paydirt...totally by accident. 

Smiley Happy