Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Changed email address, no longer recording history

Accepted Solution Solved
jcm
Accepted Solution

Changed email address, no longer recording history

Hi all, first post here, I'm pretty new to ACT.

I changed my outlook account username from user1@domain1.com to user2@domain2.com and ACT no longer records history when I send mail to my ACT contacts.

The mailserver is the same, the actual outlook account is the same - I just changed the username. The address books are the same, the ACT database is the same and still set as an additional address book in outlook. I stopped outlook, act and the act syncronization service - made the change to the username - and then restarted and reconnected.

I'm assuming I missed something here, but I can't figure out what it is.

-Jason

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jcm
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Changed email address, no longer recording history

No worries - glad it's working for you

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
jcm

::blush:: I was testing the wrong thing, this works just fine when sent to ACT customer contacts, I was testing with an employee contact.

[ Edited ]

Hello Jason,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Did you want it to record history when sending an email to a database user? You can turn this setting on/off under the Admin tab in Preferences. This is a machine-by-machine setting.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

jcm

No, it's actually functioning completely as we want.  My error was failing to make a distinction between a mail to a database user and a customer.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Solution
Accepted by topic author jcm
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

No worries - glad it's working for you

Greig Hollister