Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Changed administrator and locked out

Changed administrator and locked out

In Act 2011 I set up a new database with a phony administrator.  Now that everything is ready to go I started deleteing all the test data and contacts.  Everything was good until I chnaged the current admin to a standard user and created a new admin.  now when I try to log in as the new admin Act tells me that I only have 1 license.  If I log in as the old admin I can't make changes as he is a standard user.

I see 3 possible solutions

First and best find a way to either restore the original admin, or get to log on as the new admin

Second, create a new empty database from the first and assign the correct admin

Third, another office has a second license, temperarial add that license to may database.  But I'm not sure what that will do to them.

Any help would really help. Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Changed administrator and locked out

Will the other office be using the same database? Then no problem with adding their license to the server of the database also

No they have a completely different database and computer system as well!
Can I add their license and then delete it after fixing my issue?

You might download the later ACTDIAG from the Knowledge Base, then use the Clear Out Licenses function as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27607

Mike, Thank you for the advise. I need to step out for a couple hours, I'll get into it after and let you know. This seems like such a silly problem. Or should I say, demoting one person and promoting another should not cause such an issue. Thanks Again!

Will it be a single or multi user db?
If multi, you do need one license per user...

Mike, once agian thanks for the effort but ACTDIAG didn't help. I installed service pack 1 and when it went through the backup and convert to the new version it gave me a message stating that the process was complete with errors. And now I can't open the database at all.

Are you just unable to open because of user/pass issue?

Did you try both users?

Did you download the later ACTDIAG ... linked from bottom of this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27607

You need the later version for the option to clear the licenses.