Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Change default in export wizard

Change default in export wizard

How can I change the default in the export wizard from "all contacts" to "current contact" ?. My ACT consultant said it couldn't be done but I did it with my print envelope wizard back when ACT was still being covered by Sage so I know there's a way to do it but I can't remember how.

Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Change default in export wizard

You're talking about two different things. The envelope templates have a way to preset some filter option, there aren't any filter option on the export to Excel.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thank you Roy. I appreciate the information.

Bronze Contributor

As I read the question, it appears that you want to export Contact inforamtion into an Excel spreadsheet.  You certainly can select 1 or many contacts to export.  Most fields are eligible to export. 

ON the other hand, from Roy's response, though, I'm not sure if I understand your question.

I export almost daily.  It can be done from File | Export or it can be done from a lookup in list view.

Am I missing something in your question as I know Roy's acumen for ACT far exceeds mine.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit

Yes. you misunderstood the question. I know how to export.

I keep a data  base of archived clients and was being meticulous about only exporting the current look up so I could keep track of how many clients I have seen in my life. One time I was tired and forgot to change the export from "all contacts" to "current look up" and all my contacts went into the client archive data base along with my clent group. So much for trying to know how many clients i have seen.

So I was trying to find out if there was a way to change the default to current look up. There is no way.