Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Change default from "Appointment" to "Call" in "New History" pop after making call using Windows Dialer.

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Change default from "Appointment" to "Call" in "New History" pop after making call using Windows Dialer.

I do not use the timer when using the Window dialer to make calls from Act!. After calling the pop History window pops up with "Appointment" as a defaut. How can I change it to "Call"?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author davidb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Change default from "Appointment" to "Call" in "New History" pop after making call using Windows Dialer.

While there isn't a built-in function to change the default Type for History items, there is a free add-on from Exponenciel that will allow you to set a default.  For information about this add-on visit: http://www.exponenciel.com/index.aspx#fix.

Note: There may be other add-on's available that will perform this function.

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author davidb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Change default from "Appointment" to "Call" in "New History" pop after making call using Windows Dialer.

While there isn't a built-in function to change the default Type for History items, there is a free add-on from Exponenciel that will allow you to set a default.  For information about this add-on visit: http://www.exponenciel.com/index.aspx#fix.

Note: There may be other add-on's available that will perform this function.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Hello Greg,

Appreciate your help, have downloaded the fix and it works! Changing from Appointment to Call in the History pop uf after every call was irritating.

David

Copper Elite Contributor

Thanks for bringing this topic to the forum.  That has been an irritation to me as well.  But no more!

Thanks Davidb and GMartin.  A nuicance to me as well!

Tuned Listener

Does anyone no of a add on for Sage Act 2012 beta v14?

Tuned Listener

Does this work for Act 2012 also.  It shows only Act 2010/11.

Thanks,

Copper Elite Contributor

I did not test it in the 2012 Beta but we'll be able to check it out soon when ACT 2012 production version is released.

Looks like a great add on program!  If I run it on my master/publisher database, will it default to call for my remote/subscriber databases?  Thanks!

Copper Elite Contributor

I didn't write the code but I've found that it needs to be deployed on each machine.  It appears to be local to the ACT program as opposed to the database.