Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Change default field for Quick search from left panel of contact list

Tuned Listener

Change default field for Quick search from left panel of contact list

My client emploee use telephone field to lookup contacts . is there a way to change default quick search from left panel  to  search default by telephone field rather than by contact field . they make many calls and changeing each time from contact to telephone to search  takes few seconds of  their preciuous time Smiley Happy 

THQ

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Change default field for Quick search from left panel of contact list

Hello Roman,
This free add-on will do this for you: http://exponenciel.com/actaddons/actaddon.aspx?ID=142

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

Thank you, thats exactly what i want Smiley Happy i hope that its realy free and wont stop after some time Smiley Happy

Platinum Elite Contributor

It is - it's a courtesy from the vendor. Only thing I'm not sure of is if it will work with your regional version.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

This is also exactly what I want except it doesnt let me choose from all fields. I want to set the Secondary Contact as the default search field but it is not available when I try to choose it. Any suggestions?