Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Centered text in e-mail template does not remain centered

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Centered text in e-mail template does not remain centered

I created an e-mail template with two lines of centered text at the top (a "headline").  When I mail merge with a contact, the text is left-justified in the e-mail that is generated.

I have tried creating a new template from scratch, copying and pasting from notepad to ensure that there is no formatting funkiness going on, but nothing works.

Template:

“When you need to make hard decisions, being able to discuss your ideas with entrepreneurs and business leaders who have solved similar problems can make all the difference.” – Sir Richard Branson

e-mail that is generated:

“When you need to make hard decisions, being able to discuss your ideas with entrepreneurs and business leaders who have solved similar problems can make all the difference.” – Sir Richard Branson

Any idea why this is happening and what, if anything, I am doing wrong?  Or is this a bug?

I have over 100 e-mails I need to get out - having to do them one at a time in Outlook because ACT mis-generates them will be an incredibly inefficient use of my time - precisely the kind of inefficiency I sought to eliminate when I purchased the product earlier this month.

Version of Act!: Pro Version 18.2.53.0, Update 4

- If the issue involves Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word , Excel), state the version of Office you are using: Office 365

- Is your database on your local machine (private database) or is it being shared from a server (shared database)? Local machine

- Operating system you have Act! installed on (i.e., Windows 7, Windows 8)  Windows 10

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author CraigJ
‎12-02-2016 12:02 PM
Administrator

Re: Centered text in e-mail template does not remain centered

Hi Craig,

There does seems to be an issue with centred text in .tpl files when merging to Outlook. I can replicate this problem.

The .tpl files are created in Act! Word Processor. This is an older (legacy) method of creating templates. We recommend you use Microsoft Word to create them as .adt files.
Is there a specific reason why you have chosen this option instead of using Microsoft Word? You can change which editor is used in Tools > Preferences > Communication.

The centred text works fine when I set Act to use Microsoft Word, and then create a new template and copy and paste the content from the .tpl file.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Hi Craig,

Please could you attach your template where this issue is present, so that we may see if the issue can be replicated?
Copper Contributor

Thanks for the (quick) response.  Here is one.

Craig

Solution
Accepted by topic author CraigJ
‎12-02-2016 12:02 PM
Administrator

Hi Craig,

There does seems to be an issue with centred text in .tpl files when merging to Outlook. I can replicate this problem.

The .tpl files are created in Act! Word Processor. This is an older (legacy) method of creating templates. We recommend you use Microsoft Word to create them as .adt files.
Is there a specific reason why you have chosen this option instead of using Microsoft Word? You can change which editor is used in Tools > Preferences > Communication.

The centred text works fine when I set Act to use Microsoft Word, and then create a new template and copy and paste the content from the .tpl file.
Copper Contributor

No good reason to be using ACT's word template, other than in a previous version on an older machine/OS I didn't have the latest version of Word installed, so there were compatibility issues.  Your post has prompted me to recreate my templates in Word. So thanks!