Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cell phone compatability

Cell phone compatability

I currently have a Motorola Q which I am unhappy with because it does not work well with ACT synchronization.  My cell contract expires in a couple of weeks (I'm with Verizon, but don't have to stay with them).  Does anyone have any recommendations as to a particular cell phone (pda/pocket pc) that works WELL and easily with ACT (11.1)?  Calendar, contacts, and email are of prime importance.

Re: Cell phone compatability

Just bought an iphone...will be trying to sync with ACT soon, will let you know. Am told I need CompanionLink to work...fingers crossed!  So far, the e-mails work beautifully on this phone.

I know that ACT! is working on an mobile version compatible with the IPhone. I believe the just got done with the first phase of beta testing and they are going to be fixing some things and then do another round of beta testing, Hopefully this means some time in the near future we wont have to use 3rd party software to sync our ACT! with IPhones.
Platinum Elite Contributor

My personal preference is Handheld Contact with a Blackberry - it's easily the most reliable and feature rich.

Including up to 76 contact fields (including pull-downs), custom activity types, activities with multiple contacts and recording calls/emails/sms sent from the phone.

I posted some of the other advantages in thihs blog post:

http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2008/10/why-handheld-contact-for-pdas.html

Copper Contributor

lynn-

There are solutions (both by ACT! and third parties) that essentially allow any phone to work with ACT!.  Which one works best will depend on what you're looking to do.  A critical question that you need to answer to determine which solution is best for you is: do I want my ACT! contacts and calendar events in the native address book and calendar application on my phone?  Or, do I want a another address book and calendar application running on my phone (separate from the native applications).

There are pros/cons to both options.  If you can narrow that down, I can further assist you.

msmith-

At the moment, you have three options to sync ACT! to iPhone:

1. CompanionLink using wired (USB) sync.  Set up CompanionLink to sync ACT! to iPhone (via Outlook).  Then dock your iPhone, and sync Outlook to your iPhone using your iTunes software.  This requires your USB cable.

2. CompanionLink using wireless sync via iClink.  Set up CompanionLink to sync wirelessly using iClink.  (iClink is an iPhone app you can download for free from the iTunes store).  Please note that with this app, ACT! contacts will sync to iPhone's native address book.  But ACT! calendar activities and to-do items will sync to a separate calendar and tasks appliction in iClink.  This is due to the limiation of the iPhone SDK.

3. Google Sync.  You can use CompanionLink to sync ACT! with Google.  Then, you can use Google's free over-the-air sync service (called Google Sync) to sync data directly to your iPhone. You can get more info about this option from this page:

http://www.companionlink.com/products/clg-googlesync/companionlinkforgoogle-act.html

I find that I have to upgrade my verizon phone and would like to know how you made out with your iphone regarding compatibility with ACT!  I have ACT! 2009.   Also, to you know anything about ACT! compatibility with the Blackberry Storm?
Copper Contributor

Currently, CompanionLink supports three ways of synchronizing with iPhone:

1. USB (wired) sync between ACT! and iPhone (via Outlook/iTunes)

2. Wireless sync between ACT! and iPhone (using CompanionLink's subscription)

3. Wireless sync between ACT! and Google, then Google Sync with iPhone (uses Google as a service)

CompanionLink fully supports two-way sync between ACT! and BlackBerry Storm.