Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Category

LHW

Category

Category field on the Contact record. Why does this happen? When  I enter a contact, that person’s first name automatically becomes the category, which is incorrect. I would like the category to remain blank until I enter a value into the category field.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Category

You are trying to use the salutation field which has a built in connection to the contact field. You need to add a new field for category and change the salutation field back to it's designed purpose.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
LHW

Thanks but where do I see that this Category field on the ACT contact detail is a saluation field? I joined this firm when ACT was already set up. Did someone set it up that way? I like your idea of just creating a 'new-category' field, copy the contents of the existing category into there, and perhaps delete this annoying old category field. Thoughts?

Platinum Elite Contributor

They may have renamed the field but you won't be able to delete the field because it's a core field in the ACT! database.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
LHW

Okay. I'll go ahead and create a new field and ignore the existing category field. Thanks lots.