Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cant synchronize remote database

Cant synchronize remote database

I am running Act 2007 hotfix one with 2 licenses.  I created a remote database on my laptop and used it successfully for a few weeks.  My main database in on a server.  The Act program is the standard one (not the one for 5 or more users).  I opened the main database on the server and enabled synchronization.  I put the laptop on the network (connected with a router all wired, no wireless).  I opened the remote database and selected synchronize now.  It did not work and I got the following error message

Act is unable to connect to the synch server.  Check to be sure “incoming synch “ is enabled in the main database and that the Network synch service is running.  Also be sure you are connected to your network.  Contact your administrator for assistance.

I did activate accept incoming synch on the server.  I don’t know what Network synch service is or where to find it if applicable.  Any suggestions on how I can get my remote database to synch?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Cant synchronize remote database

roden2000 wrote:

I created a remote database on my laptop and used it successfully for a few weeks.  .

That line implies that you created the RDB on the laptop rather than on the server. Just where did you create the RDB? After first installing the RDB, were you ever able to sync?

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: created synchronize remote database

I created the remote database on the server and delivered it to the laptop.

HOORAY!!!!  I solved the problem by finding an arcticle on the knowledgebase showing a step I missed.  The server was incorrectly named on the laptop for synchronization.  I changed the name in the sych panel and wala.  Synchronization successful.  Thanks.