Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cant add new contact

Copper Contributor

Cant add new contact

just upgrade from v11 to v16.  everything works fine, except i cannot enter a new contact (which is pretty major)  I get the error below...

"The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "PHONE_PHONEMASK_FK". The conflict occured in database "mydatabase", table "dbo.TBL_PHONEMASK", column 'PHONEMASKID'.The statement has been terminated.

Any help with this?  I did a check and repair and it didnt help.  

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Cant add new contact

Try clicking the ellipsis beside a phone number field, then choose the Edit Format to see if there is anything peculiar about the phone masks. It seems to me that there is some sort of corruption of your default phone mask.

Mark Rogers
Act! v16 HF5, Office 365 SBP
Copper Super Contributor

I have this same exact issue with a client using v16 Pro and it errors on secondary contact phone numbers. I see where you can fix it on a case by case basis, but is there any global fix? The client appreciates the workaround, but is finding it ponderous to have to modify the phone fields every time you add a new secondary contact.

Ron Madara, ACC, APT

BrainSell Technologies.
(201) 853-9317
Copper Super Contributor

Is there any insight as to why this is only happening to secondary contacts? I would have thought that phone mask formatting would all come from the same place in the database.

Ron Madara, ACC, APT

BrainSell Technologies.
(201) 853-9317