Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot sync remote database to main database without main database being open

Cannot sync remote database to main database without main database being open

I am running Sage ACT! Pro 2012 Version 14.1.108.0 (3 licences)

I cannot sync our remote databases to the main database unless the computer with the main database is switched on and the said Act database open on that computer.

This is an issue as we are often out of the office and the main databse computer is not always switched on.

Is this normal? Does the main database have to be open at all times for the remote databases to sync to it??

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Cannot sync remote database to main database without main database being open

arhm. Yup.

This KB here describes how to get it setup: http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15192

But the question you've asked is:

Leaselink wrote:

I am running Sage ACT! Pro 2012 Version 14.1.108.0 (3 licences)

I cannot sync our remote databases to the main database unless the computer with the main database is switched on and the said Act database open on that computer.

This is an issue as we are often out of the office and the main databse computer is not always switched on.

Is this normal? Does the main database have to be open at all times for the remote databases to sync to it??

Yes, you do need the machine hosting the main act database turned on, else, where would the remote database be sync'ing to?

and, yes, you do need the aCT! database open in aCT! so that it knows which database to sync to.

The second point can be overcome by using aCT! Premium instead of aCT! Pro as it comes with an extra, Network Sync Service or Internet Sync Service, but either way, the first cannot. You MUST have the machine one.

Forgive the lowercase "a"'s - this forum is mangling SHIFT-a when using Chrome.

Ben.