Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot save as ADT

Cannot save as ADT

[ Edited ]

Where is the Act Menu in Word 2007. I am having the same issue. When I try to SAVE AS I am not getting a ADT format?

<Edit title after moving reply to own thread.>

Message Edited by dlunceford on 04-24-2009 08:40 AM

Re: ACT v10 Word templates (i.e. .tpl, .adt, etc.). Can't use v8 files types on v10.

Ok Sorry I found where it Act menu is in ADD INS. But when I open the template and go to Add ins and click on show feild list  I get the following error message

"Could not Connect. The ACT! application is not running"

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT v10 Word templates (i.e. .tpl, .adt, etc.). Can't use v8 files types on v10.

For the ADT question, when saving a template as a different name, save as "template.adt" (including the quotes)

For the error, see this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2422...

I have now moved on to Act! v 17 and have updgraded to Windows 10 with Office 2016. It is such a pain not being able to create templates normally and have had issues even trying to save as "template.adt" in speech marks as this has not worked either for me lately. I can't even go into the folder and change it there - it just stays as a Word document.

However I have just found a different option which is instead of Save As, you can export it to a different file type (however it is still a Word document, but allows you to save it with speech marks). When you have modified the template, go to File, Export, Change File Type, the double click on Save as Another File Type, and then you can have the file name.adt with speech marks - e.g. "template.adt" It will then save as a template which you can open and find within Act. I hope that helps someone.