Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot register Sage ACT! 2011

Cannot register Sage ACT! 2011

My boss is having a terrible ... month. Windows updated his computer, which screwed up his security, which caused his computer to go haywire. His technical support at Ameriprise had to reimage the computer.

Now, not only is the computer very slow... which isn't your problem, he used to have Sage ACT! 2011 on there.

I read that as of January 1st, 2019, the third-party software is no longer supported by the manufacturer.

Apparently, this means that we cannot register the software, and so now we're in the trial period, and after 30 days (29 now) we lose access.

He needs his ACT! running. He paid for it, it should work for him. He doesn't need the online components, he just needs his calendar and notes to work. He doesn't want to have to pay for new software when he's-- nevermind, I'm not going to rant about that.

How do I get ACT! 2011 to work for him? We have the serial number, we should be able to use it. How do we make this work?

Please let me know!~

Thanks,

Josh

Executive Assistant

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Cannot register Sage ACT! 2011

He will need to upgrade to the ACT! 21.
Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Highlighted

Roy,

I do not understand why he needs to upgrade (buy) another program.

He's used ACT! 2011 since... 2011. Why does he need to change programs?

There has to be a way that he can use the software he paid for.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Because there isn't any way to activate old versions. Updates were provided for all supported versions of ACT! but ACT! 2011 ceased being supported several years ago.
Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy,

There has to be a way to get my boss access to Act! 2011.

He bought it. He should be able to use it until the end of time (or until the current operating system no longer can run it). There are a ton of people with old versions of Act!, and they all bought it, and they should all be able to use it. 

Did they not buy it? 

Are their serial numbers no longer valid?

My boss does not want some extra support. He doesn't need to do anything other than access his calendar and his notes. This program WORKS for him, and he's very content with how it works.

And $300 to upgrade to a new version he doesn't need is practically extortion. Are we going to be facing this problem again? Is Act! going to continue to produce new versions and invalidate old ones, forcing us to upgrade to new versions we don't want?

No. There has to be a way around the activation lock. He should be able to use the software he paid for. So should everybody else. I understand not supporting online features, but the base software? Nu-uh.

There must be a way around the serial number lockout, and I'm not going to stop pursuing this until I get it.

Most sincerely,

Josh