Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot "Manage Syncronization"

Tuned Listener

Cannot "Manage Syncronization"

I am running Act! 2009 on XP and am using Act! Link for Palm.  The Link s/w installed just fine, but when I try to configure the settings, I seem to be getting stuck.  When I click "Manage Sync Set" or Manage Subscription List", I get a dialog box that reminds me to do a Desktop Overwrite after I make my changes, then I click OK, and NOTHING happens.  The settings never appear.

Any suggestions?

--------------------------
Regards,

Brian Myers
Dataweb USA Inc.
www.datawebusa.com
1-888-Dataweb (328-2932)
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Cannot "Manage Syncronization"

If you are accessing the Handheld Setup from the Tools menu in ACT!, try instead opening it from the ACT! Link for Palm icon on your desktop.  You can also try managing the handheld sync sets from the Tools/Synchronization Panel screen.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

Re: Cannot "Manage Syncronization"

Thank you.  But nothing worked.  I even had Act tech support connected to my computer for about 30 minutes and they got nowhere.  We uninstalled/reinsalled everything.  I even did a h/w reset on my Treo (their suggestion).  I literally downgraded from Vista to XP Pro because I thought that was the problem. 

Once I realized that Act tech support didn't have an answer I downloaded and installed CompanionLink ($50).  It works beautifully.  Sad I had to pay $50, but time is money.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

-Brian

--------------------------
Regards,

Brian Myers
Dataweb USA Inc.
www.datawebusa.com
1-888-Dataweb (328-2932)