Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot modify Scheduler

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Cannot modify Scheduler

When I attempt to modify the time that the backup runs in Act 2009 on Vista, I get the message "Error occurred while saving server config file. Access to the path ***...SCHEDULER_FILE.xml is denied."

I tried running Act as administrator which is what I had to do when I set up the backup, did not help.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Cannot modify Scheduler

[ Edited ]

Changing the permissions on the target folder was the first step.

After that I was able to make the changes to the schedule, but as I stated above, at first it seemed like the changes were not being incorporated. But then after a re-boot, the scheduler did follow the new schedule.

It is important to run Act! as administrator by right clicking on the icon and select Run As Administrator.

Message Edited by vincenzo on 04-12-2010 08:14 AM

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tuned Listener

Check that you have Administrator permissions to that directory and file.
Copper Contributor

When I change the permissions to Full Control, I get a different error. It then says I need to be an Administrator to do this, but the changes that I've made are still accepted, strangely enough. 

Thanks for the help.

Copper Contributor

It seems that even though it looked like the scheduler allowed me to make a change (I changed the backup from daily to once a week, and that is in fact what is shown now in the scheduler), the backup is still being run daily.

Whenever I go into the scheduler, when I click Finish at the end, it gives me the message:

"To use this service on Vista, you must run the application as an administrator. (I did do this). Close ActSheduler if necessary, click start, point to Program Files, and then right click the Act Scheduler in your Program Files list. Click Run as administrator."

This direction does not make sense because when you click Start, you do not see Program Files, the closest thing is All Programs. And the Act Scheduler is not shown there, the only way I know to get into it is through Act!. And I am running Act as an administer when I am doing this.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Copper Contributor

Hey Vincenzo - Did you ever find a solution to this? - we are running into a similar problem with one of our remote databases.
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Changing the permissions on the target folder was the first step.

After that I was able to make the changes to the schedule, but as I stated above, at first it seemed like the changes were not being incorporated. But then after a re-boot, the scheduler did follow the new schedule.

It is important to run Act! as administrator by right clicking on the icon and select Run As Administrator.

Message Edited by vincenzo on 04-12-2010 08:14 AM