Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot lookup based on criteria

Cannot lookup based on criteria

Hi.  I am new to this forum and I am not sure if I am placing this in the right spot or not but I have an issue.

I am trying to generate a lookup for ALL contacts where the company field ID Status is equal to prospect.

I can only generate where all companies are equal to prospect.  How do I pull all contacts under that company?

PLEASE HELP!

THANK YOU!

Copper Contributor

Re: Cannot lookup based on criteria

Hello and welcome,

This is the right board unless you are using ACT! Premium. It is helpful if you can provide your ACT! version number so that our members can more easily assist you. Smiley Happy 

ACT 10 Version 2007
Nickel Contributor m4y
Nickel Contributor

Hello Cindy,

You can create a "company status" field in your contact table which is linked to the company ID/Status field. In this way, you have the status of your company available on the contact view, and you can create lookup based on it. Unfortunately, it is not possible to do a mass-update of all linked field on all companies...

So, you can also use an add-on to do that. For example, you have UrContactLookup to return contacts belonging to all companies from a company list. Or you have UrQuery to create queries on both company fields and contacts fields.

Xavier Nyssen

ACT! Certified Consultant @ Intuitis | Belgium
{ +32 64 45 08 00 | xavier@intuitis.be | http://intuitis.be }