Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot lookup a memo field

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Cannot lookup a memo field

I wanted to use a memo field to keep searchable notes in it. But I cannot find any memo fields in the advanced query.  Does this mean memos are not searchable as lookup fields?

I tried using a regular character field, but that field does not word wrap and forces you to type into a box of shallow height.

I also have the Quick Navigation List add-on, and it does not show memo fields either.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author vcli
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Cannot lookup a memo field

I found the problem was I was logged on to 2 machines with the same admin user name at the same it. ACT is unpredictable when that happens. The Quick Navagation Lookup does not query memo fields.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

If you a create a Memo-type field you can do Lookups, Advanced Queries, and Keyword Searches on that field...you just can't do a Lookup By Example. Make sure you are looking for the field under the correct category (ie, Contact, Company, Opportunity, etc.)

What version of ACT! are you using?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Solution
Accepted by topic author vcli
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

I found the problem was I was logged on to 2 machines with the same admin user name at the same it. ACT is unpredictable when that happens. The Quick Navagation Lookup does not query memo fields.