Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot locate Palm directory on start up

Copper Super Contributor

Cannot locate Palm directory on start up

I deleted palmone program as I now have palm treo smartphone and I use ACT 2007(9.0). But when I start up act I get the error message "cannot locate palm directory"

I tried to the reolution provided to another user to "How To Manually Remove ACT! Link For Palm OS® 2009 (11.0)" but still get the same message

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Cannot locate Palm directory on start up

userdata.dll exists in C:\Program Files\Act\Act for Windows\Plugins but even so I cannot seem to reinstall my data that was backed up with Activesync?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello graeme_

Just to clarify, are you still wanting to sync your ACT! database with your phone?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Super Contributor

Hi Greig,

Yes, I have reinstalled all my old palm desktop application and synchronised it to the plam zire 71 just to get rid of the Error message"cannot locate Palm directory" and now I am wanting to synchronise my Treo pro with my act contacts and activities but I get the error message " no database associated with this device"

Copper Super Contributor

Have now been able to associate database with ACT link for pocket PC  but now back to the original problem.  That problem is that the contacts and activities are not transferring on the Palm treo. It looks for changes but seem to find any.
Copper Super Contributor

I have done a hard reset of the treo pro and uninstalled and reinstalled active sync. So before connecting the treo pro to my laptop when do I install and waht amendments need to made to ACT link to pocket PC? I have ACT 2007(9.0). I do not want to connect to previous syncronised data I just it to link to act and bring in uptodate contacts and activities.
Bronze Contributor

Solved this for a client and wanted to post here in case this happens to someone else.  Same scenario - deleted Palmone and Palm folders and ACT continues to look for certain files causing the startup error.

The file that needs to go away is "PDAregistration.plugin.dll."  It's located in the Plugin folder under ACT For Windows in the Program files.

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Thanks, Patricia. I'll add this step to the manual removal KBs for the ACT! Palm Link.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.