Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot link ACT! Pro 2012 with Sage Simply 2012

Cannot link ACT! Pro 2012 with Sage Simply 2012

I have had numerous other problems with this new ACT and Simply 2012.

1) the ACT! link for Sage Simply Accounting 2012. We just installed SA 2012. After the link is installed and I am trying to connect it says "Only Simply Accounting 2012 files are supported". Well that is the only SA type we have so am I missing something here? I did just notice: When I go to select Setup from the SSA link at the top of ACT, it says: Version: 2011
Vendor: Sage Software, Inc.
Company File: \\CWCC1\SA Data\Centre .......
How do I change that? We don't have the 2011 version anymore (it isn't giving me any options to change it)

2)Another problem is we are a network of computers, and so the Search feature on the new ACT! 2012 does not work. This is a BIG issue as we have a large database of customers

The whole point of us updating to ACT! 2012 was to have it link but is just causing us so much greif!

Please help

I have Windows Xp

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Cannot link ACT! Pro 2012 with Sage Simply 2012

Hello centrewellingtonchamber,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! User Community. For the issue with Universal Search, make sure the Act.Server.Host service on the server is using a port that all machines can access and is not closed or being blocked. See this Knowledgebase article for more information:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2824...

For the issue with the accounting link, that link is actually supported by the Simply Accounting group. For best results, I would advise posting this question in the Simply Accounting Community: http://community.simplyaccounting.com/community/forums/

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Cannot link ACT! Pro 2012 with Sage Simply 2012

Thi link you sent for the Act.Server.Host is great, if only it wasn't jargan to me. I'm sorry, I still don't understand how to fix it!