Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot insert file when creating email in the ACT Email Editor

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Cannot insert file when creating email in the ACT Email Editor

When I try to insert a file into an email using ACT Email Editor to create the email,  the Insert > File option is grayed out.  How do I fix this so I can attach files to my emails?

Thanks,

T Bell

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author tbell
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Hello - is anyone out there?

Hello tbell,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. This is a reported issue with the ACT! 2011 SP1 update. We have identified the cause of this issue and it should be fixed in the next hot fix. I do not yet have a release date for this hot fix, but an update will posted when this information is available. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

Just a note, if you are using Outlook, then I would recommend using direct integration with that rather than using the ACT! Email client. You will have more functionality and features, and will not experience the file attachment issue.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hello - is anyone out there?

It seems everyone elses problem gets at least one response, however no one has responded to my help question....  is it something I said ???

When I try to insert a file into an email using ACT Email Editor,  the Insert > File option is grayed out.  How do I fix this so I can attach files to my emails?

I am using   Win7  and  ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.1  and  Outlook2003  -  they have all been working fine until last week, the above problem began.

Thanks,

TBell

Solution
Accepted by topic author tbell
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Hello tbell,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. This is a reported issue with the ACT! 2011 SP1 update. We have identified the cause of this issue and it should be fixed in the next hot fix. I do not yet have a release date for this hot fix, but an update will posted when this information is available. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

Just a note, if you are using Outlook, then I would recommend using direct integration with that rather than using the ACT! Email client. You will have more functionality and features, and will not experience the file attachment issue.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Ok, I can work with that ... thank you, thank you, thank you!!!