Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot get Activities tabs in Contacts

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Cannot get Activities tabs in Contacts

I an using ACT! 13, Win7, Outlook 2010.

I have been trying without much success to get set up. I do not show any Activity Tabs on my Contacts pages.

I have reset the Screen resolution without any success, and I read a knowledge base article on making changes in my act files in Windows, however that only refers to earlier versions of ACT! and I do not have the line of programming that the article refers to.

I have tried to contact Sage to get assistance but that is next to impossible, although I did find an email address and sent a message.

Any light that can be shed on this problem will be gratefully received.

I am a new would be user of this software so I am not at any high technical proficiency, but I can follow instructions OK

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Unatec1
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Cannot get Activities tabs in Contacts

Thank you all the people who took the time to help me. I appreciate it very much. I managed to to get my registration problems sorted out and contacted Sage Tech support.

I did tell you I was new to this program, but I was embarrassed when the tech told me to run my mouse UNDER the bottom navigation bar to find the Tabs and bring them up!!!

I thought that the bottom Bar was the bottom of the screen, but when you bring up the activities Tabs the bar is actually in the middle of the screen.

Once again, thank you for all your help.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Elite Contributor

Can you see other tabs like Notes, Histories, or Secondary Contacts?  This could be as simple as modifying or switching your layout, or if you are seeing no tabs... time to reset preferences.

Mark Hammer
ACT! Fanatic
Bronze Super Contributor

Is it only the activities tab that is missing or is it all tabs?

What happens if you switch to a different layout?

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Unatec1,
It does like it may be a layout issue. Changing layouts may resolve. I'm also concerned about what you said regarding Sage being impossible to contact for assistance. What was your experience in that regards? If you like you can reply in a Private Message by clicking my username on the left, then clicking "Send this user a private message" on the right.

Thank you,

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

No, I do not see any Tabs on my Contacts or Companies screens. I went to preferences but do not see any references to Tabs on the screen. If you can identify the preferences item that controls this I will be a happy man.

Copper Contributor

All Tabs are missing in both Contacts and Companies

Copper Contributor

I had a simular problem in that my activities tab was missing from my contact records.  Simple to fix;Click on contacts|on left hand column next to the detail view contact record, click on modify layout| the layout designer will pop up|click on Edit from the menu at the top of layout dialog|menu will pop out, click on tabs| You will see a dialog with two boxes;one will be "Hidden Tabs: and the second will be a box that will allow you to show the tabs in a specific order.  I will bet that your missing tabs are still hidden. Just selet the ones you want or all and move to the right box.  This should solve your porblem.

Solution
Accepted by topic author Unatec1
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Thank you all the people who took the time to help me. I appreciate it very much. I managed to to get my registration problems sorted out and contacted Sage Tech support.

I did tell you I was new to this program, but I was embarrassed when the tech told me to run my mouse UNDER the bottom navigation bar to find the Tabs and bring them up!!!

I thought that the bottom Bar was the bottom of the screen, but when you bring up the activities Tabs the bar is actually in the middle of the screen.

Once again, thank you for all your help.

Thanks

I had exactly the same problem finding the activities tabs, but your post solved it for me.