Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot get ACT 2006 to integrate with Word and Outlook with Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 3

Cannot get ACT 2006 to integrate with Word and Outlook with Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 3

Has anyone else had this problem. Since ACT 2006 is no longer supported Sage will not offer any help. I have been told that I need to un-install service pack 3 and install service pack 2 but if I do I will have security issues.

Re: Cannot get ACT 2006 to integrate with Word and Outlook with Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 3

Hello Jody,

Can you provide more details on the issue you're experiencing?  Are you receiving any error messages?  Also which version of Office are you using?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Cannot get ACT 2006 to integrate with Word and Outlook with Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 3

I am using office 2003. I am told that using widows xp pro with service pack 3 is the reason I cannot e-mail directly out of ACT. When I try write a e-mail this message pops up. "Query interface for interface word_application failed.

Using Microsoft Word and Outlook 2003. When I try to send a e-mail out of a database this message pops up. "Query interface for interface word_application failed. Any suggestions?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Jody,

Please see KB Article 14298 for a possible solution to this issue. Basically, the article advises you to uninstall and reinstall ACT! to reestablish the connection between ACT! and Office 2003. You can do this through the Control Panel/Add-Remove Programs. Be sure to reboot your machine between the uninstall and the reinstall. Also, after you uninstall ACT!, run the Detect & Repair option in both Word and and Outlook under their respective Help menus.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.