Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot find user 'ACTOLEDB' when creating new fields

Cannot find user 'ACTOLEDB' when creating new fields

I am having trouble creating new fields, as every time I get to the end of the process and hit 'Finish', I get a message saying:

'Cannot find the user 'ACTOLEDB', because it does not exist or you do not have permission. The statement has been terminated'

Having looked elsewhere on this forum, I have run the SecurityCmdLnApp file as suggested, and also run a 'Repair' of the database. Neither has solved the problem.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks,

Warren

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Cannot find user 'ACTOLEDB' when creating new fields

Hello Warren,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

Can you provide some further detail:

- What version of Act! are you running (in Act! > Help > About Act!)?

- What operating system is your computer?

- Have you tried running Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair?  Does it also get an error about 'Actoledb'?

- Have you opened the Act! Demo database and tested within it?

Greg Martin
Sage
Bronze Super Contributor

Warren -

One thing that can trip you up on this one is that the SecurityCMDLnApp utility must be run on the machine that is hosting the database - not a client that opens the database over the network...

I am having the same problem when creating a field. I ran the secuity command line application on the same server the database is on and used the check and repair tool. Still have same error "Can not find user ACTOLEDB because it does not exsist or you do not have permission....". I was able to create the field in the Demo database. Please help.

Found the solution after calling ACT Support. You must do a FULL database maintenance. Not using the one in ACT but through run/actdiag

here's the link for the proceedure

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1964...