Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot find database supplemental...

Cannot find database supplemental...

Cannot find database supplemental files folder [ DATABASE ] files in this location [ server ] this could bea  problem with the share, or the folder may not exist.

I'm getting this error on just my computer. I've installed ACT! on 6 other computers and they can all connect to the database just fine? It's just my computer thats doing this. I'm running Vista business.

Nickel Contributor

Re: Cannot find database supplemental...

Have you tried connecting to the folder via UNC to see if you can open the folder. Click Windows Key + R to open the Run dialogue box type in \\SERVERNAME\ then you should see supplementary folder listed, click on it and see if you can then add a file and then delete it. It may also be a permissions problem on the folder security on the server.
I would also switch your firewall off to see if this is causing the problem. I normally add C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Binn\sqlservr.exe and C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlbrowser.exe as an exception in the firewall

I can access the server through the run diag. I can add a file and delete it. I added those files to the exceptions on the firewall and still nothing...
Nickel Contributor

Have you tried just switching the firewall off as a test to see if this could be blocking it?

Nope, I just turned it off though and I can connect to it now. What exception will i have to add to make it possible to connect to it?