Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot find database supplemental files folder (database name) in this location....

Copper Contributor

Cannot find database supplemental files folder (database name) in this location....

I'm trying to share a database with multiple users. I've shared the folder that the database is in (with full access) and I've gone to tools, database maintanence, share database but it still doesn't work. I point the computer that needs access, to the .pad file that I've copied into the database folder. I would really appreciate some help in this matter if anyone else has come accross this problem.

Bronze Contributor

Re: Cannot find database supplemental files folder (database name) in this location....

Generally this would be a problem either with Firewall or Antivirus. The following KB should help http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19876/kw/sharing/session/L3RpbWUvMTMyMDI4MT...

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Copper Contributor

Re: Cannot find database supplemental files folder (database name) in this location....

I just went and completely disabled the windows firewall and antivirus on both the computer with the database and the computer trying to access the database but I had no luck. This is getting very frustrating. Any further help would me much appreciated. One thing that I did notice was when you go to share the database from the tools option within act, mine doesn't put a checkmark next to "Share Database." But when I go into computer management, it shows the folder as being shared. Any ideas?

Copper Contributor

It looks like it was the antivirus firewall. When I went under the tools, then database maintenence in Sage Act, I was selecting to share the database but no checkmark was being applied next to "Share Database." I then went and disabled my windows firewall and my kaspersky (antivirus). I went back and tried to share the database through the Tools menu, then the checkmark was applied. I was then able to access the database from a remote machine just by copying the .pad file (from the server) onto the remote machine (workstation) and pointing Act to it. Thanks for your help.