Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot create a new data base. Says license number exceeded???

Cannot create a new data base. Says license number exceeded???

[ Edited ]

I run ACT 2009 as a single user. I have been using the same database for years but now want to create a new database for a different customer base under the same user. When I select "create a new database" it tells me there are no user licenses to create a new database or something like that.

When I look at help about it says I have 0 licenses. When I look at the database I have been using it says it has one license in the database.

Shouldn't I be able to create different databases with a single user license?

I do remember that I copied this version of ACT onto this machine I had to call act to get more installs set but I don't know how this would affect the licences.

UPDATE1:

I just discovered that the the reason that the "about ACT" says I have 0 licenses is because when I shut ACT down it looses the registration data. I reregistered it and I could create a database but when I shut it down it again looses the registration data. 

How can I get the local copy of the registration data to stay registered?

Thanks for your help

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Cannot create a new data base. Says license number exceeded???

Sounds like your protexis service is not working, got corrupteded or somehow otherwise damaged.

This can be caused by a number of issues.

Let's start with the easy stuff... Are you a local admin who has full access to write/delete/edit your program files directory and the windows registry?

Mark Hammer
ACT! Fanatic

Re: Cannot create a new data base. Says license number exceeded???

Thanks for responding Mark.

Yes  I am a single user with all admin rights.

Bill