Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot create Word templates

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Cannot create Word templates

I have always been able to create word templates fairly easily in previous versions of ACT, but I have not been able to with this version.  

In the ACT add-in where I click on "show field list"  nothing happens.  Is this some sort of malfuntion in this version or does it have to do with incompatability with Word?

Can this be fixed?

Thanks

Pam

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Cannot create Word templates

It may be that the add-in is being blocked by 'Macro Security' within Word.  Here is an article with troubleshooting steps: KB Article 13569

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Pam,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. What version if ACT! do you have? What version of Microsoft Word?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Act 2010 and Office 2010.  I upgraded both around the same time and have not been able to create templates since (Quite a few features no longer work actually).  I have been using templates that I had created in previous versions of ACT so I didn't fuss about it. But now I have a need to create a new template, so it is a problem.

Thanks

Pam

Platinum Elite Contributor

Unfortunately ACT! 2010 does not support Office 2010 - that was not added until ACT! 2011. There is a relatively inexpensive third-party add-on you can purchase that will allow compatibility - here a link to the product page: http://www.designr1.com/shop/act-word-2010/

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks.  Do you know how much it would cost me to upgrade to 2011?

Pam

What about outlook 2010? Am I not able to make email templates now either?

Hi Greig,

I just took another look and realized that I DO have ACT 2011.  For some reason I though it was 2010.  Here is my version number from Help/About.

Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.1.111.0

I remember now that when I updated to Windows 7 and Office 2010, I discovered that my version of ACT would not work with it, so I upgraded to ACT 2011.

So, now back to my original question:

Is there anyway that I can create templates in Word 2010 and Outlook 2010?

Thanks

Pam

Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

It may be that the add-in is being blocked by 'Macro Security' within Word.  Here is an article with troubleshooting steps: KB Article 13569

Greg Martin
Sage

Greg,

Thank you.... that fixed it!

Pam

Re: Cannot find email templates created in Word???