Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot attach e-mails to contacts in Act! 2009 after Act! 2012 trial

Cannot attach e-mails to contacts in Act! 2009 after Act! 2012 trial

Hi

I have ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 11.0.0.367 and Microsoft Outlook 2007 running on Windows Vista.

All was working ok until I downloaded and installed a trial version of Act! 2012.

Tried it, liked it, can't yet afford it so I uninstalled it an re installed Act! 2009.

Since doing so my Quick Attach buttons have not re appeared in Outlook, and when sending e-mails, no history is recorded in my Act! contacts.

I have been trawling around the internet for a few weeks now but have not yet found a solution to my problem. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thankyou

Graham

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Cannot attach e-mails to contacts in Act! 2009 after Act! 2012 trial

Hello Graham,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

It sounds like the ACT! Address book was removed from Outlook.  Here is an article with steps for adding the ACT! address book in Outlook 2007: KB Article 21428

Greg Martin
Sage

Hi Greg and thanks for your response.

I found this solution somewhere else in this forum and already tried it I'm afraid.

However, keeping an open mind I decided to try it again but unfortunately the result is the same.

I have been going around in circles for weeks now. Everything worked perfectly before I installed the Act! 2012 version. I didn't realise just how much I relied on it!

Your help is much appreciated. Thankyou.

Can you describe what happens when you attempt to add the address book?  Is it already there, is there no option to add the ACT! address book, error message...

If it is already listed, it may be that the add-in has been disabled in Outlook.  Using the same article, there are several other steps to take.  Definitely try the section "ACT! Extensions", then "Macro Security", before moving on to the more involved steps.  For easy reference, here is the article: KB Article 23022

Greg Martin
Sage

Hi

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. Family illness has kept me away from work for a while.

The ACT address book is already there in Outlook. If I select it and click Change then an error message is displayed : "An unknown error occurred, error code: 0x80040154

If I remove the ACT address book and then add it again I get as far as item 5 [The Add New E-mail Account - Directory or Address Book Type window opens. Click Additional Address Books, and then click Next]

Clicking Next brings up the dialogue box saying "Changes will not take effect..." followed a few seconds later with a "Congratulations screen"

Re start Outlook but nothing has changed unforunately.

Graham

There are several variations of the '80040154' message, each with it's own resolution.  Take a look at this search result in our knowledgebase and see if these match the error:  80040154 Search Results

You may need to use the steps listed in multiple articles, if the error doesn't match exactly.

Also:

What version of Office are you running?

Greg Martin
Sage