Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot access database

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Cannot access database

Am single user of ACT 2009 on Vista Home Premium 64Bit. Have to reboot computer to get to my database. The message" database Main_DB2009 could not be accessed. In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify that your database server is available. It may be necessary to disable any firewall software on your computer or the server." My database and the program are on my computer. It had worked, this is a new problem. Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Cannot access database

Hello dvzee1,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. Please see KB 19640 for a possible solutions to this issue. The likely problem is the SQL service is not started... this is addressed in the KB article.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Hello dvzee1,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. Please see KB 19640 for a possible solutions to this issue. The likely problem is the SQL service is not started... this is addressed in the KB article.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

The SQL was my problem.

Thank You

Moved post to it's own thread for greater visibility