Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot access database over network. Please Help

Cannot access database over network. Please Help

[ Edited ]

I have a small network and 4 users of ACT 2008. Yesterday one of my users was not able to load the file from the server on her desktop. See below for an explanation. Will now log on to both below that say no but takes 30 min.

Computer                              Desktop Log On                      Act Log On                       Ability to Load Act

1. Networked                         Her                                              Her                                           No

1. Networked                         Her                                              Me                                            Yes

1. Networked                          Me                                               All                                             Yes to All

2. Networked                          All                                                 All                                             Yes to All

3. Remote                               Me                                                 Her                                          No

3. Remote                               Me                                                 Me                                          Yes to All

4. Remote                               User                                              All                                           Yes to All 

Copper Contributor

Re: Cannot access database over network. Please Help

Go directly to the server desktop. Open ACT! log in as "HER". Does it work then? Looks like a Username and/or Password issue?