Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot access database anymore

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Cannot access database anymore

I had my sage contacts running perfectly, then, while trying to physically change the location of the data files, I am now getting this error. Let me explain exactly what I did.

When everything was working, I had the data files in C:\ACT. I could find a layout, so I decided to move the files to MY DOCUMENTS and change c:\Act to  c:\xACT (so Sage couldn’t find it) Anyway….

I put everything back and am now getting this error:

The database mydatabase  could not be accessed. In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify that your database server is available. It may be necessary to disable any firewall software on your computer or on your server.

I have all the files I need but I can’t do a restore, because I don’t have the database saved as a .zip file.

How can I access my database?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Chaz

ACT 2009 SP3 Windows XP Media Center 2002

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author chazperx
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Cannot access database anymore

Hi, 

what might have happened when you tried to move the database arround the database might have gone a "Suspect" or "Recovery" mode. Check this act kb "Error" "Cannot Access Specified Database..." and the Database is Listed as SUSPECT in the ACT! Diagn...". Before you proceed following the kb make copy of all the files to completely differnt location or even to a external storage media like a flash drive or a DVD and then follow the kb and see if that helps to open your database.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author chazperx
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Cannot access database anymore

Hi, 

what might have happened when you tried to move the database arround the database might have gone a "Suspect" or "Recovery" mode. Check this act kb "Error" "Cannot Access Specified Database..." and the Database is Listed as SUSPECT in the ACT! Diagn...". Before you proceed following the kb make copy of all the files to completely differnt location or even to a external storage media like a flash drive or a DVD and then follow the kb and see if that helps to open your database.