Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot Sort by Date Modified column in Documents Tab

Cannot Sort by Date Modified column in Documents Tab

Hi,

Does anyone know if this is going to get corrected in the 11.1 update being released soon?

This is a very important function I need to run my business.  In version 11.0, the only column that can sort is the 'Name' column.  You can click on the other columns(size, file type, date modified) and will see the graphical sort arrow toggle up and down, but it is actually sorting by the Name column in all cases??

The ability to sort by all columns is a normal windows behavior, why is Not working on the Documents tab?

Thanks in advance

Re: Cannot Sort by Date Modified column in Documents Tab

Hi David

Thank you for the reply.

I just loaded 11.1 and this did NOT fix the problem.  Same behavior as before.

Is there any workaround for this?

The 11.1 service pack did address this issue.  There are currently no work arounds.  I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause.

Hi,

In the documents viewing, the date needs to be sorted on year, month, date and not month day year.

When an index is asked for on date, it will chronologically  be sorted correctly.

This should be a back end programing note, the date may be easily recognizable in the current format, but when an index is evoked, behind the scenes to the end user the dates need to be converted to Year,month,date, (2010,12,31) or on one txt or number  (20101231), sorted and then display the corresponding documents in this order.

Peter. 

[ Edited ]

The work around would be to set the date as the first 8-10 character spaces of the name of the PDF., Work Doc, or "anyfilename". to the following order only.

IE:

"2009 Ford Sedan Maintenance Paid by Visa#_1234_4567_7970_9999 on March 29_ for $35.00"

REPLACE WITH:   (change the name at time of scanning or when first entering your system would be the logical place, everywhere else would be cumbersome, involving a) opening document bSmiley Happy save as NEW NAME c) remove document form current location d) re-enter it with a new name.

"2010 03 29 9999 2009 Ford Sedan Maintenance 35.00

This is an all around proper way to do this and NO, the programmers need not do this, i will guarantee that if the numbers of documents are more that you can memorize whats inside them, then do latter, Ill bet you wont be opening documents peeking for what you want, if that not your personal security feature.

This also should be done when dealing in file management, directory content. If your database reaches the plateau of 25,000 files - 50K, a computer technician could "delete 20## *.*", after 8 - 10 years of document retention for accounting purposes.

With the blue and pink info, with Windows (most versions?), you may drag and drop from a list of hundreds of documents pertaining with Visa (ending 999), drop them into a Subgroup, customer or where ever, more accurately and efficiently.

Message Edited by ptr999111 on 05-17-2010 09:05 AM
Message Edited by ptr999111 on 05-17-2010 09:12 AM
Message Edited by ptr999111 on 05-17-2010 09:21 AM