Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot Setup Act 2009 Email

Cannot Setup Act 2009 Email

I have been using Outlook for emails, but I am tired of having to have both applications open.  I would like to try the Act email but every time I try to set up the email systems and test it says it fails to log into pop server and smtp server and failed to send test message.  I do have a network connection and have tried several times with my three different pop type email accounts, still cannot connect to email accounts.  Any Ideas?

Thanks

Ron Latcham

ron@indianheadoil.com

Copper Contributor

Re: Cannot Setup Act 2009 Email

Have you done the following:

Click on (in ACT) Tools | Preferences | Email (the email Tab) | Email system setup

ACT will send email out via outlook if you tell it to use Outlook; if Outlook sends and recieves properly, you don't have to reconfigure Outlook.  Hope that helps.

Tony Holowitz
John Anthony Group
tony@johnanthonygroup.com

I am currently using Outlook thru Act.  However I would like to use Act as a stand alone product without having to open Outlook just to get my emails since Act should be able to do this with my POP accounts.
Copper Contributor

My thoughts: ACT is a great contact manager and outlook is a great email program; together they form a great team, while apart each is lacking.  As much as you hate to have two windows open, the benefits outweigh the benefits of using just ACT's email program.

Honestly, its worth having two windows open.  Tell me, is there something driving you crazy about having to do that?

Tony Holowitz
John Anthony Group
tony@johnanthonygroup.com

I have Outlook with Small Business Manager, the application takes forever to load.  Just thought I would look at the Act email.  I really don't use email as a marketing tool, rather just short notes and exchanges with vendors and customers.  I treid the Small business manager after several versions of Act (which I have always liked) and decided to come back to the family.  So far I love this release.  It was too easy to let things fall through the crack with Outlook and hard to sort, filter and find items in Outlook.

Ron

Copper Contributor

I am curious - does anybody offered a solution here?

he question was:

How to use ACT standalone with POP email - ignoring Outlook completely ?

I am very interested in learning about and probably using that solution too.

Martin Glueckmann
ACT since 1995 for 40+ user teams in
Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Benelux

You can setup internet email in ACT!.  But the email account's pop3/smtp cannot have custom ports.

How To Configure Internet Mail as your E-mail Client in ACT!