Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot Register

Copper Contributor

Cannot Register

To be upfront I have uninstalled/re-installed Act! 2012 Pro several times since I Beta Tested it last summer. I finally reinstalled it and decided to use the best assets that the program offers.

After installation it opened fine with my database without requiring me to re-register. I noticed in the About Act that it listed no names and no installations. I registered with my serial number and everything was fine with my name as owner and 3 installs. I then updated Act to the latest installment and everything was fine. However, in checking the about act there was no name and no installs. The program opened without a problem. I tried to open Act tonight and it asked me to register my copy. I input the number and it said it was already registered and would not let me open Act. Now I have to call the 1-886 number tomorrow and waste some more time. These small problems are getting to me. I have been using Act since 2.0. Help!!

REL

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Cannot Register

[ Edited ]

Hello Ron,
I'm sorry to hear of the registration issues you are experiencing. You should be able to resolve using these steps:

- Close ACT!
- Opens Windows Explorer (Computer/My Computer)
- On the menu, select Organize > Folder and view options > View tab
- Select option to "show hidden files and folders", uncheck option to hide known file extensions, uncheck option to hide operating system files
- Browse to C:\Program Data

- Sort the files by the Type column. Go to the group of  files that are type "System file"
- Delete the KGyGaAvL.sys file and any alphanumeric system files with a .sys file extension (i.e., 1ADAEEB1C1.sys) - will generally be 1-3 of these.
- Open the ActData folder and delete the RegistrationData.xml file. Close Windows Explorer

- Disable User Account Control in Windows. Instructions are in one of the follwing KB articles, depending on your operating system (will require a reboot):

Windows Vista:

http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2022...

Windows 7:

http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2566...

- After your computer boots back up, open and register ACT!

*These instructions assume your operating system is Vista or Windows 7 - post back if you are using XP

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.