03-01-2012 04:32 PM
To be upfront I have uninstalled/re-installed Act! 2012 Pro several times since I Beta Tested it last summer. I finally reinstalled it and decided to use the best assets that the program offers.
After installation it opened fine with my database without requiring me to re-register. I noticed in the About Act that it listed no names and no installations. I registered with my serial number and everything was fine with my name as owner and 3 installs. I then updated Act to the latest installment and everything was fine. However, in checking the about act there was no name and no installs. The program opened without a problem. I tried to open Act tonight and it asked me to register my copy. I input the number and it said it was already registered and would not let me open Act. Now I have to call the 1-886 number tomorrow and waste some more time. These small problems are getting to me. I have been using Act since 2.0. Help!!
03-02-2012 06:38 AM - edited 03-02-2012 06:39 AM
I'm sorry to hear of the registration issues you are experiencing. You should be able to resolve using these steps:
- Close ACT!
- Opens Windows Explorer (Computer/My Computer)
- On the menu, select Organize > Folder and view options > View tab
- Select option to "show hidden files and folders", uncheck option to hide known file extensions, uncheck option to hide operating system files
- Browse to C:\Program Data
- Sort the files by the Type column. Go to the group of files that are type "System file"
- Delete the KGyGaAvL.sys file and any alphanumeric system files with a .sys file extension (i.e., 1ADAEEB1C1.sys) - will generally be 1-3 of these.
- Open the ActData folder and delete the RegistrationData.xml file. Close Windows Explorer
- Disable User Account Control in Windows. Instructions are in one of the follwing KB articles, depending on your operating system (will require a reboot):
- After your computer boots back up, open and register ACT!
*These instructions assume your operating system is Vista or Windows 7 - post back if you are using XP
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.