Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot Open Attachments after Upgrading to ACT Pro 2011

Cannot Open Attachments after Upgrading to ACT Pro 2011

Our company upgraded from Sage Act!2007 Pro to Sage Act!2011 Pro. We can longer open any of the attachments.

We can save new attachments and open them. The error message reads: "There was an error opening the attachment. It may have been deleted by another user or been created on a database that does no synchoronize attachments".

Any support would be most welcomed. Thank you.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Cannot Open Attachments after Upgrading to ACT Pro 2011

Hi Mike,

The link you provided does not work. Is there another address I can use or a search string to enter into the knowledge database?

Hi Mike,

I was able to open the link with Mozilla (Explore IE8 could not find the page). However, the problem I am experiencing is the attachments worked fine in Sage Act! 2007, all 10 users can access the database and read the attachments on a shared external Buffalo Drive. We downloaded Sage Act! 2011 on all the computers starting with the server (MS Server 2003). The program found the database files and converted the files to the new software. We upgraded each of the computers to Sage Act! 2011. When any of us try to open any of the attachments created before the upgrade, we all get the same error. Lucky enough we found the attachment folder on the Bufflo Drive with the all the attachments inside. However, we would like to be able to read the attachments from  inside the program.