Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot Install Act! 2010

Cannot Install Act! 2010

I have a license for Act! 2008 but I did not have it installed on my PC.  About a week ago I tried to install Act! 2008 and it said that I could not do it and aborted the install.  However, during the failed install, ACT! files were loaded on to the PC, and some SQL programs were loaded.  I went into control panel and removed all the SQL stuff that it had downloaded.Also, I went into program files and deleted the ACT! 2008 folder and its contents.

Then I decided to purchase Act! 2010.  When I try to download it, it tells me that I have a previous version of Act! and I need to uninstall it and it will not install Act! 2010 until the 2008 is removed.  I thought I removed everything and deleted all the files.  My operating system is Windows Vista Premium 64-bit.

What do I do?  HELP!!

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Cannot Install Act! 2010

Please review ACT! Knowledgebase article 19338 as I believe this will be the quickest way to get you going.

thanks

Matthew McFadden

Thanks Matthew -

Can you please provide me with a link to the article or a link to the solution.  I am very new to the Act! Community and I apologize for any inconvenience.

Nickel Elite Contributor

Here you are:

http://www.act.com/support/technicalsupport/index.cfm?CFID=59169619&CFTOKEN=47597515

you want article id 19338.

thanks

Matthew McFadden

Here is a direct link to the knowledgebase article.

How to Use the ACT! Uninstaller.exe file

Hello, 

I also have the same issue,  I have just purchased act 2010 upgrade and cannot be installed in my system.  The actual problem is that my computer keeps on rebooting after downloading the link that was sent to me.  My system requirements are as follows:

• Windows XP SP3
  • 2gb. of memory
  • Pentium IV

Please help.

Thanks,

I am still having problems.  When I try to run the uninstaller.exe, it tells me I need to be the Administrator - I am clearly the Administrator on my PC.

Help!!!

Nickel Elite Contributor

Right mouse click "run as administrator"

thanks

Matthew McFadden

When I click on the Uninstallation .exe, a box comes up titled "Administrator Warning " and says "You must be a member of Administrators to continue.  The Uninstaller will now close.

I do not have the ability to right click and run as administrator.

OK, I did the uninstall and I got the Act! 2010 to begin installing but now I am hung up on a window that says "ACT! is finalizing installation - it has been running for about 2 hours.  The task manager says it is still running - Is this normal?