Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot Find Database Supplemental Files folder Error Message

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Cannot Find Database Supplemental Files folder Error Message

I added a new user on a host machine.  I can access the database from a remote machine with the new user info, but not on the host.  I get the error message:

"Cannot find database supplemental files folder FOPCOINC-dabase files in this location [ip address & port number].  This could be a problem with the share, or the folder may not exist. Please contact the administrator of your database."

Can someone please give me a fix for this?

Thank you.

Marvin

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author marvinlgregory
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Cannot Find Database Supplemental Files folder Error Message

Hello Marvin,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. For this error, please see the following Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1987...

The most common reason is an unshared database.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author marvinlgregory
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Marvin,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. For this error, please see the following Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1987...

The most common reason is an unshared database.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thank you so very much.  The answer was deleting the .pad, opening the .adf which re-creates the .pad, then editing the .pad with the ip and port addresses.